Zoom Links for TI of Natick

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Second Grade

Second Graders have been so busy. 

We have been learning the V'Ahvta prayer with Cantor Ken, complete with hand motions.  We have also created a mural to go with it which is hanging by the door in our classroom, I hope that you will stop by and see it.  We have also created a word wall with some of our favorite Hebrew words.

In Hebrew we have completed more than half of the alphabet and most of the vowels.  We have been devoting a lot of class time reviewing the sounds that the vowels make and looking at letters which may be confused with each other.  Reading at home helps to reinforce what is learned in class.  In fact so many of the kids have been reading at home that today we celebrated reaching 90 stickers with cupcakes and the Israeli snack food Bisili.

I am off to the airport soon on my way to Israel.  I am very excited to share some of my adventures with the students when I return after February vacation.  Anne Green will be with the Second Graders on Tuesday February 9th and 23rd and Michelle Nelson will be in on Wednesday the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment