Zoom Links for TI of Natick

Monday, December 19, 2016

Grade 6 Update 12.18.16

Dear Kitah Vav Families,

Yesterday found us deep into Hanukkah and celebration. First we sang with Cantor Ken, then The Men's Club of TI treated us to latkes, applesauce, and cider while we perfected spinning our dreidels upside down. 

Kitah Vav and Kesher moved to the sanctuary for blessings and songs, including "haNerot Halalu, and Al haNissim.

We returned to class to wrap a gift for your family. Please note that if your student was absent on Sunday, December 11, they missed this project.

After the wrapping I was able to hear most students read the blessing before Haftarah. We have been practicing this blessing for two weeks. If your student was not in class, please read this blessing to my Google Voice 617 410-8145.

As I write this I have started my journey to India. ✈.  I will be gone from December 19 through January 3. Michelle Nelson is my substitute. She has my lesson plans, and will be teaching the blessings we say as we place our tefillin on for morning, weekday tefillah /prayer. On January 3 there is a lesson on prophets, leadership, and Moses, of whom Torah says:  "There has never been a greater prophet in Israel." (Students have been alerted to my trip for several weeks now.)

We finished class with a video tour of Haifa. Our class has been paired with the Yavnielli School Sixth Grade. We hope to form a friendship and collaboration with this school in the new year.

I wish you all a happy holiday break that is filled with warmth and light. Please note that I will have Wifi almost everywhere, so I will listen to any student that records on Google Voice.חג אורים שמח!

No comments:

Post a Comment