Zoom Links for TI of Natick

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Grade 6: Update 12/8/16

Just wanted to make sure you had on your radar some important upcoming 6th grade dates: There are three Sunday morning programs (one per month) starting in February, and I wanted to remind you again to please arrange ahead of time to take off the day (or the morning) on Wednesday morning, May 31, so you can be here for the end-of-year Torah reading celebration (let me know if you have questions).  I'll include the assignment below the dates.

February 5: World Wide Wrap
March 19: Tallit-Making Program
April 30: Yad-Making; Making a Torah Pointer
Wednesday Morning, May 31, 1st Day of Shavuot: End-of-Year Torah Reading Celebration (services are 9:15-noon, lunch to follow)


 
In both the Tuesday and Wednesday classes, we finished up learning and highlighting the third paragraph of the Shema, page 14 in your packets. The kids should be able to sing through the whole paragraph using just the trope names instead of words, and also chanting it with the words. If you want to check yourself, track 36 on the CD (or website) is me chanting this paragraph with the words. I didn't record me singing it through with the trope names, but the students should be able to do it from their practice with the trope families (tracks 1-10) and trope song (track 11). I'd like the students to be able to sing the paragraph through (with the trope names and with the words) so confidently that they can do it on their own.

I will be in touch soon about dates for the students to read short Torah portions at a winter Synaplex or Youth Services, and I'll be in touch with the November families (and soon the December families) about starting up individual lessons in early 2017!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment