Zoom Links for TI of Natick

Monday, September 19, 2016

Grade 5 - Welcome from Cindy Nelson


Shalom  Kitah Hey:



Welcome to another school year at T.I.

I am Cindy Nelson and I will be your Kitah Hey/5th grade teacher.  I am excited to have this opportunity to you.




I have always tried to create a classroom that feels like "home".  My main goal is for everyone to feel safe within our walls.

My one all-encompassing rule is:

"Our classroom is an NPD Zone."



NPD stands for "no put downs".   From day one we talk about what a put-down is.  For example:  bullying, inappropriate teasing, taking something that belongs to another, name calling, ridiculing, interrupting, any type of disrespect.  We create little dramatizations to show examples, and what we can do instead.




A typical day includes group prayer, Hebrew reading, Jewish holidays, God, Torah discussion, Jewish values, Israel, and often, our new arts program. Of course, not all every day.


I encourage you to bring in whatever questions you might have.  We love to discuss and debate the BIG questions!



I love Judaism, and I hope I can pass that on!

Looking forward to 5777!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at Ladyjanecj@gmail.com
       
L’Shalom,

Cindy Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment